Why we exist…
QB Kids & their Families is the children’s & families ministry of Queensland Baptists. We exist to awaken an urgency across Queensland Baptists to see children and families come to know Jesus. We exist to empower, equip and encourage church leaders to minister to and support kids & their families in their local church and communities.
What we do…
We aim to…
- Raise the awareness of the needs of children and their families in our state & churches.
- Support the ministry of the local church.
- Equip and empower kids and family ministry leaders in Queensland Baptist churches.
We do this by…
- Meeting leaders in our local churches to champion, encourage & equip them with training and resources (including coffee).
- Host networking events for local Baptist churches to get together and support one another in children’s & family ministry,
- Run training events around the state based on local church need, (covering a wide range of topics from leadership, discipleship with kids, faith at home, RI, church strategy and more.)
- Partner with AMPLIFY Conference every year to train & equip our pastors and leaders.
- Gather with other leaders in children’s & family ministry as part of the wider Queensland Children’s Ministry Network of churches in QLD.
- Work as part of the wider Queensland Baptist ministry team and their efforts to equip churches.
- Providing access to state-of-the-art, relevant & engaging resources for leaders & families.
- Providing current and relevant information on the cultural & social trends & needs of children and families in our state.
Who we are…
Ps Sally Contessi: State Leader for QB Kids & their Families
Sally is pastor at Queensland Baptists and has served in children’s ministry at her local church in Forest Lake since 2012. She is a mum of two girls and is married to Tyler, her best friend. She studied and received a Graduate Diploma of Divinity from Malyon College in 2o16 and has recently completed her Arrow Leadership studies with a Graduate Certificate of Arts in Leadership from ACOM. She is passionate about the local church fulfilling it’s role as the family of God on mission together; as a place where children – particularly the vulnerable – find belonging, purpose and identity and thrive as they follow Jesus.
If you would like further information about any of the services we provide, please email us via the Contact Us page.