Why we exist…
QB Kids & their Families is the children’s & families ministry of Queensland Baptists. We exist to awaken an urgency across Queensland Baptists to see children and families come to know Jesus. We exist to empower, equip and encourage church leaders to minister to and support kids & their families in their local church and communities.
What we do…
We aim to…
- Raise the awareness of the needs of children and their families in our state & churches.
- Support the ministry of the local church.
- Partner with the Queensland Children’s Ministry Network
We do this by…
- Meeting leaders in our local churches to champion, encourage & equip them with training and resources (including coffee).
- Host networking events for local Baptist churches to get together and support one another in children’s & family ministry,
- Run training events around the state based on local church need, (covering a wide range of topics from leadership, discipleship with kids, faith at home, RI, church strategy and more.)
- Partner with IGNITE Children’s Ministry Conference every year to train & equip our pastors and leaders.
- Gather with other leaders in children’s & family ministry as part of the wider Queensland Children’s Ministry Network of churches in QLD.
- Work as part of the wider Queensland Baptist ministry team and their efforts to equip churches.
- Providing access to state-of-the-art, relevant & engaging resources for leaders & families.
- Providing current and relevant information on the cultural & social trends & needs of children and families in our state.
Who we are…
Meet our team…
Sally is the Kids & Family Minstry Coordinator at her local church in Forest Lake. She works part time as a nurse and part time for Queensland Baptists as the State Director for children’s and families ministry. She is passionate about children knowing their value and purpose in Jesus & their families being empowered to disciple them.
Julie has been a pastor and faithfully serving in children’s ministry for over 15 years. She is the local area coordinator and our QB Kids team member for RI. She has had extensive experience serving on children’s ministry leadership teams such as the planning team for Leaders To Go Conference, Operation Christmas Child and PlayGroup Networks. She is a fierce & servant-hearted advocate for children in our communities.
Leeana is the Children’s Ministry Leader at Sunnybank Baptist church. She is passionate about children knowing the gospel and equipping leaders and families to disciple their children. She has run many events at her local church for communities, as well as trainings throughout the state on leadership, discipleship with children and local church ministry. She also works as a registered nurse during the week in a management role at Logan Hospital.
Bruce is the Families pastor at Clontarf Baptist church, previously at Gladstone Baptist church. He has led many KidsGames and children’s and family ministry services, events and trainings. He is passionate for the Gospel and seeing whole families come to know Christ, particularly parents leading children.
Tracy Valentine is the Generations & Spiritual Parenting pastor at Gateway Baptist Church. She was previously the pastor for Early Years ministry. Tracy is a wise, creative and vibrant leader who has led many leadership conferences, Spiritual Parenting trainings and events. She is passionate about whole families coming to know Jesus.
If you would like further information about any of the services we provide, please email us via the Contact Us page.